Dill locked in a basement, left there to die,
Only a single farmer to hear his unfathomable cry,
Had it not been for his strength and his two best friends,
Dill and Scouts love would soon reach their ends.
Bypassing Jem, he and Scout continued their ways,
Both were growing up, time had passes, so many days,
But they didn't give up, still loving strong,
They were just young right? Nothing seemed to be wrong.
But things in Maycomb were heating up,
Just remember it's not that easy growing up
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with the idea behind this poem. Scout, Jem, and Dill are growing up in a very tough time particularly because of their father's trial. Dill however is an interesting character. He seems to have an imagination that is always wandering, for example, he made up the story about being chained up in the basement. Therefore I disagree that Dill "loves" Scout. I think that it is just another way that his imagination wanders. What does the rest of the class think?
ReplyDelete